Artsy is looking for a talented and enthusiastic SEO Manager to execute and optimize organic search strategies--broadening Artsy’s reach in the art world and beyond.
At Artsy, SEO plays a critical role in our top-of-funnel marketing efforts and in contributing to traffic and acquisition goals. As SEO Manager, you'll have the opportunity to work on and grow one of the top contributing marketing channels at Artsy in an exciting period of growth for the company.
As an SEO manager at Artsy, you’ll use your analytical skills to create actionable reports on SEO performance and inform SEO strategies.You'll have complete ownership over off-site SEO strategies and collaborate across teams and business units at Artsy on content strategy and optimizations. Finally, you'll grow and demonstrate your leadership abilities by managing a team of one to two interns
- Manage and optimize off-site SEO strategies and map out new strategies on a rolling basis
- Partner with Editorial and other content creators and conduct keyword research to inform content strategies
- Support SEO efforts across B2C and B2B marketing, as well as across multiple business units including Editorial, Auctions, and Consignments
- Optimize landing page and paid search copy
- Regularly report on and evaluate SEO performance in order to inform Growth strategies
- Manage the Growth Marketing internship program, from hiring to mentorship
- 3+ years work experience in digital marketing, with a focus on SEO (bonus points if within an online marketplace)
- Extremely detail-oriented and meticulous in creating and maintaining reports
- Highly organized with a natural drive for process improvement and optimization
- Strong leadership ability and an interest in mentorship
- Highly collaborative with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated with a track record of meeting deadlines and driving forward projects to completion
- Proficient in Excel and Google Sheets, including building and maintaining performance reports
- Fundamental knowledge of Google Analytics, SEMrush, and other SEO analytics and monitoring tools
- Familiarity with social media and SEM
- Familiarity with SQL or Looker (or similar)
- Experience in working on SEO for an online marketplace a strong plus, but not required
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.