Social Media Manager
Artsy is looking for a Social Media Manager to develop content and contribute to strategy across platforms.
Artsy’s Social Media Team contributes to a diverse range of business goals across the company, all while serving and engaging a dedicated audience of over 3M followers on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn, and WeChat. We regularly contribute to goals that require us to be nimble, creative, and highly collaborative with many of Artsy’s teams and partners. From creating and optimizing content to developing paid campaigns, we aim to create a social media presence that serves as an all-access pass to the art world.
In this role, you will be responsible for content, strategy, and paid campaign development that ensures Artsy’s social channels are a robust and reliable resource for those interested in learning about, buying, and selling art. You will be responsible for developing captivating content around some of the art world’s biggest moments, crafting thoughtful campaigns for marketing Artsy as a resource and tool, and utilizing your skills with paid advertising to strategically drive business goals.
- Social Media Strategy — You have at least 3-4 years experience crafting and managing social media either for a brand or in an agency setting. You are keenly aware of the intricacies of social media platforms and the algorithms that govern them, and have experience optimizing content across channels.
- Content Production — You regularly produce original Instagram Post and Story content and are skilled at crafting a narrative with original photo/video assets. You are also highly capable of writing effective, entertaining copy for social media content across channels.
- Paid Marketing — The ideal candidate has experience implementing, optimizing, and managing paid campaigns on Facebook and Instagram.
- Project Management — You are meticulously detail-oriented and have successfully managed several campaigns simultaneously.
- Passion for art — You have a passion for art and regularly engage with the art world in person and online. An art-related degree is a plus.
- A Team Player — You thrive in a collaborative environment and have experience developing processes for cross-team collaboration.
The Social Media Manager is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.