Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing and maintaining Artsy’s financial records and will play a key role in the monthly closing of Artsy’s books.
As Staff Accountant, you will join the Finance & Accounting function at a dynamic tech company, reporting directly to the Controller. The Accounting team is responsible for all financial reporting, as well as invoicing customers, and making payments to vendors and employees. Members of the Accounting team have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of Artsy’s business. The ideal candidate is someone passionate about being a part of a rapidly evolving company and role in which they will directly support the scaling of an increasingly complex financial organization.
As Artsy’s business continues to diversify and grow, the Staff Accountant will directly assist in the maintenance of complete and accurate financial reporting. The work that the Staff Accountant will be responsible for will make a direct impact on Artsy’s business and strategic decisions.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform daily cash reconciliation and inform team members of settled payments
- Support timely monthly financial close, including preparing assigned journal entries, maintaining accurate balance sheet reconciliations, and assisting with providing schedules of various accounts
- Prepare financial reporting and analyses as requested by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Assist in the annual audit of Artsy’s financial statements, as well as the preparation of various state and local tax filings
- Work closely with members of other teams within Artsy to improve processes, communication, and reporting
Who You Are:
We welcome you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below, and are excited to hear what you can bring to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience with accounting, auditing, or related field
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and basic accounting principles
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently, as well as contribute to the needs of the Accounting team, and the Artsy business at large
- Ability to maintain an uncompromising level of accuracy and prioritization while juggling a large amount of information
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite
- Experience with private company accounting
- Pursuit of CPA license
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program featuring free mental health support, 401k, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), financial wellness support & resources, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
This is a full-time position and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.