In this role, you’ll work primarily with our Features Producer as well as in collaboration with various writers and editors to ensure that their stories are paired with the most compelling visuals.
The Visuals Intern will focus primarily on image research and securing the visual assets for our content. We are looking for someone with a strong eye for images and a passion for finding the best options to illustrate a story. You are extremely organized, undaunted by handling multiple projects and moving pieces at the same time, a clear and professional communicator, and an expert in Photoshop. In addition, you will also be given the opportunity to write when appropriate.
Our desired candidate will have experience working at an arts or culture publication and/or background in art, as well as exceptional project management skills. You are passionate about online publishing, spend most of your time thinking about the possibilities of how stories can be told visually online and know how to make that happen. You feel very comfortable undertaking extensive independent image research and know how to conduct image outreach to find the best possible assets for a story. Lastly, you are a strategic thinker, a proactive problem-solver, a confident and thoughtful writer, and a strong collaborator who is excited be part of a dynamic, close-knit editorial team, and you get a thrill out of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Handle daily image outreach and research for multiple stories.
- Handle daily asset management for multiple stories.
- The Visuals intern will lay out multiple stories per day prior to publication.
- Provide support in the production of Editorial features (examples hereand here).
- Provide support for updating and iterating on asset management, tracking systems, as well as visual direction.
- You are extremely detail-oriented, have excellent project and time management skills, and know how to prioritize your work efficiently.
- You have a strong visual eye for what makes an image compelling
- Ability to understand and work within Artsy’s established style and visual guidelines
- Excellent email and phone demeanor and diplomacy when conducting image outreach
- A strategic problem solver
- Approximately 1 year of experience working in an Editorial environment
- Extensive experience using Photoshop or other comparable image editing software
- Experience laying out and conceptualizing the way stories are told visually
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline continuous environment
- Proficiency with HTML (plus, but not required)
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science:We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness:We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.