VP of Product
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest multi-sided art marketplace, with more than 1,000,000 works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 of the world’s leading galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and institutions across 190 countries.
We are currently seeking a VP of Product to help us transform the art industry through product innovation. The art market is the last major consumer marketplace to come online and, with over $30B in commercial inventory, Artsy is the first company to aggregate the lion’s share of it onto a single platform. As VP of Product you will be responsible for unlocking the full potential of Artsy’s marketplace to enable art buyers and sellers to seamlessly connect on a global scale.
Artsy has raised over $100M in funding from investors including Avenir Growth Capital, Thrive Capital, L Catterton, Founders Fund, Larry Gagosian (founder, Gagosian Gallery) and Joe Gebbia (co-founder, Airbnb) among others.
At Artsy, Product lies central to our business and growth strategy. The VP of Product will design a product strategy that considers the emotional dimensions of the art buying experience and removes marketplace friction and barriers to entry.
As VP of Product, you will:
- Lead product vision and strategy to enhance connectivity across Artsy’s marketplace.
- Ensure Artsy’s product strategy is aligned with cross-functional goals and is clearly communicated across the Artsy organization
- Increase Artsy’s empathy for and understanding of our art buying customers
- Partner with key stakeholders and Executive team to ensure products respond to business and user needs
- Lead deployment of Artsy’s mobile (iOS, Android) and web products
- Build Artsy’s product culture and brand both externally and internally
- Ensure that Artsy’s product platform anticipates and rides new waves of technology
- Manage, recruit, and develop a (world-class) team of product managers.
- Inspired Leadership — can recruit a world-class product team; brings a “servant leadership” approach to developing and empowering teams achieve their greatest potential
- Cross-functional collaborator — can align strategy and build trust with stakeholders in a matrixed organization
- Product strategy + execution — has led a product org that supports multiple business + product applications in a lean operating environment with a successful track record of high impact
- Thought leader — brings diverse perspective, experience, and DNA to Artsy’s team and decision making
- Vision + Values alignment — shares our values and vision for creating a future where everyone is moved by art every day
- Industry Intuition — passionate about art with an understanding of high value + long consideration purchases
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.