Office & People Associate
Drive day-to-day and ongoing operations for workplace, cultural, and people-related strategy in our Artsy UK offices. Collaborate on the design and execution of employee culture, programs, and workspace, and act as critical link to Artsy’s HQ People Team.
The ideal candidate is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to make things happen, is passionate about people, rock-solid reliable, and relentless about the details. You have strong communication and computer skills, and an ability to balance day-to-day execution with creating systematic and scalable solutions as we grow. You’re genuinely excited to work in and contribute to innovative office culture, and you’re both an incredible performer as well as open and collaborative - and you can expect the same of your colleagues at Artsy.
Relevant Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- A+ Communication & Interpersonal Skills - concise, compassionate, confident
- Detail Oriented - aesthetically trained eye, catches every detail, fine tunes experience
- Highly Organized - natural systematic thinker and organizer of people, process, info
- Hospitality Mindset - empathetic, gracious, friendly, able to intuit guest + team needs
- Proficient in - MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop
- Project Management- knows how to organize and motivate on a personal and team level
- Reliable - arrives early or on time, proactively communicates time-off requests
- Self-Starter - proactively identifies and acts on opportunities to improve across teams
- 2+ years experience in Office Management, Human Resources, Operations, Facilities, Hospitality or related relevant field.
- Artsy Navigator: Is the “go-to” London office resource on the Workplace Team. Fields questions, requests and feedback from the Artsy London team in person and via our internal online platforms (Atlas, Hivy, Feedback Forms, Slack, S’up, etc).
- Office Oversight and Upkeep: Minds the physical appearance of the office. Supports with logistics, such as keys distribution. Liaises with building management and cleaning company to ensure the office is clean, organized and on-brand.
- Reception Experience: Check-in guests / candidates via Envoy, directs deliveries and public inquiries, runs the in-office mail and package system. Act as a champion of Positive Energy and Openness at Artsy by welcoming new team members and guests.
- Office Amenities: Owns office supply ordering, inventory and storage systems - responsible for stocking, organization and adherence to budget. Runs the London office Food & Beverage program. Manages requests and our F&B vendor, to ensure consistent stocking and excellent kitchen organization and cleanliness.
- IT Support: Supports the IT needs by owning UK inventory, ordering, stocking and request fulfillment of peripherals. Checks operation of all conference rooms’ AV equipment and AC units every day between 8.30am - 9am.
- Team Events: Orchestrates company events and meetings such as team lunches, weekly happy hours, get-togethers, and company-wide meetings to support and grow Artsy’s values and culture.
- Global Workplace Expenses: Records monthly Workplace Team expenses for the London office and manages the budget in collaboration with the Workplace Lead.
People Operations Responsibilities:
- People Team Admin: Acts as a resource to the Workplace and People Ops teams for some scheduling and other administrative needs.
- Employee Relations Advocate: Acts as first point of contact for employee concerns and questions. Counsels employees as able and/or direct employees to appropriate resources at HQ.; fields internal questions, requests, and feedback in person and via our internal online platforms (Atlas, Hivy, Feedback Forms, Slack, S’up, etc).
- On & Off Boarding: Coordinates with HQ team and hiring managers on on / offboarding of employees, both logistically and culturally, to help ensure a high-touch experience for new and departing employees (IT admin, office tours, seating set-up, supplies / business cards, etc)
- HR & Benefits Admin: Serves as liaison for HR and Benefits administration at Artsy UK; facilitates new hire payroll and benefits enrollment, liaisons with HQ to resolve any issues that arise.
- Internal Communications Facilitation: Facilitates internal communications in Artsy UK; actively participates in feedback efforts, serves as an outlet for employees to share and ask questions; helps drive People Ops involvement in key projects, such as Artsy Atlas maintenance.
This position is located in our London offices, full-time, and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here.
Artsy is a global platform for collecting and discovering art.
We think of Artsy less as a business with employees, and more as a community of people who have chosen to work together towards a common goal, and who share a common set of values.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, enabling the growth of the entire art market by effectively connecting supply and demand at a global scale.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.