The 10 Most Popular Galleries at Art Basel in Miami Beach
Over 160 of our gallery partners from around the globe participated in Artsy’s online feature of Art Basel in Miami Beach, bringing the world’s premier art fair to anyone with an internet connection. Visitors had a full range of 20th- and 21st-century art to choose from, with a booth or 12 for every taste, but here we highlight the 10 most popular exhibitors from ABMB. And even though the fair’s doors are now closed, there’s still plenty of time to browse exhibitors and discover favorites of your own!
10. Long March Space, with a range of top Chinese artists including Xu Zhen, Zhan Wang, and more.
9. Paul Kasmin Gallery, featuring a sculpture by Constantin Brancusi and new work from David LaChapelle and Taner Ceylan.
8. Galerie Gmurzynska, exhibiting a standout selection of Francis Bacon, Fernando Botero, Alexander Calder, and others.
7. Gagosian Gallery, with an extensively Instagrammed Jeff Koons, an iconic Willem de Kooning, and some Andy Warhol for good measure.
6. Acquavella Galleries, showing a typically stellar array of works by Pablo Picasso, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Joan Miró, and more.
5. Michael Kohn Gallery, with new paintings by the explosively popular Retna and iconic works by California artists Bruce Conner and Wallace Berman.
4. Almine Rech, with an edgy booth of works by Francesco Vezzoli, Aaron Curry, David Ostrowski, and more.
3. Elizabeth Dee, exhibiting mostly abstract, mixed-media works from Leo Gabin, Miriam Cahn, Tamar Halpern, and more.
2. Jack Shainman Gallery, with nearly their entire first-rate program represented, including Nick Cave, Carrie Mae Weems, and Richard Mosse.
1. Rhona Hoffman Gallery, featuring Mickalene Thomas, Gordon Matta-Clark, and several works by Miami-based Luis Gispert (who we interviewed about his Miami).
See how Bombay Sapphire supports artistry.
Sponsored by Bombay Sapphire