History of the Hungarian Pavilion
Hungary has taken part in the International Art Exhibition of Venice since its inception in 1895, and since 1909, it has featured artists at its own exhibition venue designed by eminent Art Nouveau architect, Géza Maróti. Two artists of the Gödöllő colony, Sándor Nagy and Aladár Körösfői Kriesch, contributed to the Pavilion's ornamentation.
In 2007, The Hungarian pavilion received its greatest recognition to date when Andreas Fogarasi’s video installation, Kultur und Freizeit, earned the Golden Lion award for the best national pavilion (with curator Katalin Timár).
Images courtesy of the Hungarian Pavilion.