From the 16th – 18th of February 2018, the 6th edition of Cape Town Art Fair (CTAF) will return to the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC). Positioned as the leading art fair in Africa, CTAF 2018 will include the foremost galleries from South Africa, the African continent, and abroad.
VISION & MISSION
- To showcase new trends in art emerging from Africa and its diaspora
- To introduce collectors to an array of new artists, and facilitate relationships between galleries, collectors, and institutions
- To adapt the best international practices to build a sustainable economic platform for the art market
- To encourage innovation in art collection and production.
- To educate the public and motivate greater participation in the arts
- To further develop skills and professionalism within the arts sector
The allure of Cape Town Art Fair is its content and its placement on the African continent. With the advent of its 6th edition, the market has proven that art fairs are a sustainable economic model for trade in contemporary art.The city's geography is an integral part of Cape Town Art Fair’s success. Cape Town is a vibrant cultural hub, attracting international collectors with the novelty of diverse, cutting edge art and a favourable exchange rate.
"With each year, the fair has gained considerable momentum that has generated respect and prestige for the city of Cape Town as a major contemporary art destination. This is an exciting moment for art, not just in South Africa but globally, as we seek to expand the impact and importance of Cape Town Art Fair."
–Tumelo Mosaka, Fair Curator