National Painter of Ecuador Oswaldo Guayasamin
Savina Museum 2,3,4F
Savina Museum is hosting a special exhibition of Oswaldo Guayasamin(1919-1999), the first in Korea to be regarded as an Ecuador national painter and one of the “greatest artist born of Latin America”
This exhibition is an international art event and exhibits a total of 89 works including the highest quality oil paintings, watercolors and drawings owned by the Guayasamin Foundation, which is designated as a cultural heritage of Ecuador. In addition, you can explore the wide art world through the artist's interview videos and archives.
Through this exhibition, Savina Museum aims to look at the life and art of Guayasamin in dynamic Ecuador history, and to glimpse the philosophy and attitude of Guayasamin in the era of oppression, discrimination, and persecution against the people. This exhibition is the first to introduce Ecuador's contemporary art and is expected to serve as a platform for cultural exchange between the two countries.
- Hosted by : Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism,
Republic of Korea
- Organized by : Savina Museum of Contemporary Art, The Korean Art Museum Association
- Supported by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Korea
Ministry of Culture and Heritage of the Republic of Ecuador
- Cooperated by : Embassy of the Republic of Ecuador in South Korea
Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Ecuador
Guayasamin's Museum and the Chapel of Man
Eunpyeong-gu Office, Seoul
* To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the exhibition is going through reservation system only.