SP-Arte and ARTE!Brasileiros promote series of debates "Talks – American Collections"
SP-Arte, in partnership with ARTE!Brasileiros magazine, promotes the series of conversations of its 2016 edition: Talks – Coleções na América / American Collections.
The program is specially developed to discuss with culture specialists, art collectors, historians, investors, gallerists and artists, how some of the most important art collections in America are constituted. The talks are scheduled to April 7th and 8th (Thursday and Friday).
Enrolment for the event is free and can be made through this web form. The availability is limited.
April 7th (Thursday)
From 10 am to 1 pm
- Dialogs in American Collections
- Guests: Mari Carmen Ramirez, curator at ICAA – International Center for the Arts of the Americas, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (USA) and Franklin Sirmans, director at Pérez Art Museum Miami (USA)
- Mediator: Ana Maria Belluzzo, historian and independent curator
April 8th (Friday)
From 10 am to 11 am
- Panel #1: The Frankel Collection
- Guests: Maxine and Stuart Frankel, founders of The Maxine and Stuart Frankel Foundation, Michigan (USA)
- Mediator: Christiane Fischer, CEO at AXA ART
From 11:30 am to 1 pm
- Panel #2: The CIFO collection and the new Cuba Art scene
- Guest: Ella Fontanals-Cisneros, founder of CIFO – Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation, Miami (USA)
- Mediator: Leonor Amarante, art critic and curator
From 4 pm to 6 pm
- Panel #3: The Open Plan project
- Guests: artists Radames “Juni” Figueroa (Porto Rico), Seb Patane (Italy), Francesco Arena (Brindisi/Italy), Daniel de Paula (USA/Brazil)
- Mediator: Jacopo Crivelli Visconti, Open Plan curator