My Armory 2014 Picks
We are all looking forward to the hustle and bustle at Piers 92 and 94 next week. On Wednesday the fair will draw the crème de la crème of the art world, and they are in for a treat. The fair features a stunning selection of modern and contemporary artworks. Here's the top ten works I am dying to see at the Armory:
1. Amorphous and voluptuous colors of Peter Zimmermann, a master of epoxy paintings.
2. Jürgen Drescher's solo booth brought by Mai 36 Gallery.
3. Contemporary pointillist, James Hugonin.
4. A crisp and shiny piece by Anselm Reyle, which was probably pre-sold months and moths ago.
5. Agostino Bonalumi, my personal favorite, an absolute genius.
6. He Xiangyu is a new artist for me, and I cannot wait to experience his works in person at the White Space Beijing booth.
7. There is something very satisfying about Thomas Raat's absolute precision and pure colors.
8. Scott Treleaven's work is a fresh addition to the fair. I am looking forward to seeing the artist's solo booth.
10. Angel Otero's only work at the Armory is a must-see. His artworks are rare, and the Armory is a rare chance to see this recent piece before it's hung on the walls of Otero's lucky patron.