Kate Klingbeil creates highly textured, multi-layered paintings that depict scenes of nature, especially the small creatures that live underground, in pools of water and in plants and trees. It is the less visible nature of grubs, bugs, snails and ants, a nature that you have to look very closely to see, but a nature that Klingbeil has relished since childhood. It is a magical world in her paintings, a world that runs parallel to the complexities of the human body and its emotional system. Small details coalesce to form larger images. One might discern a human figure sleeping on the land when viewing certain Klingbeil paintings from afar, but up close, there are hundreds of little scenes working together.
Works for sale
- Kate KlingbeilTwisted Root, 2020$1,800
- Kate KlingbeilBreaking New Ground, 2020$1,800
- Kate KlingbeilShow Me Your Garden And I Shall See What You Are, 2020$6,500
- Kate KlingbeilIntertwined, 2020$1,800
- Kate KlingbeilThe Eternal Beauty in Everything, 2020$2,400
- Kate KlingbeilSelf Soothing (Carrot), 2020$1,800