- Horse Pool and House by Luis Barragan, San Cristobal, Mexico, 1976£35,400 - 40,200
- Ministry of Health, Rio de Janeiro, 1960£30,000 - 39,600
- Ministry of Health, planned by architect Oscar Niemeyer. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil., 1960Contact for Price
- CHINA. Beijing. , 1989Contact for Price
- W. Eugene Smith and Henri Cartier-Bresson.Contact for Price
- Chicago, 1971$14,500
- Henri Cartier Bresson, French photographer. 5th Avenue. New York City, USA.Contact for Price
- Henri Cartier-Bresson, French photographer. 47th Street. Magnum Photos. New York City, USA.Contact for Price
- Former Summer Palace. Dead lotus flowers on the Kunming Lake. Beijing, China. , 1964Contact for Price
- FRANCE. Ile-de-France region. Paris. 1959. 7th arrondissement. 35, rue de Sèvres. The painter, architect and city planner LE CORBUSIER in the "Atelier 35 S". On the left: a lithograph of his "Modulor"., 1959Contact for Price
RENÉ BURRI (1933-2014, CH)
René Burri studied at the School of Applied Arts in his native city of Zurich, Switzerland. From 1953 to 1955 he worked as a documentary film-maker and began to use a Leica while doing his military service.
Burri became an associate of Magnum in 1955 and received international attention for one of his first reportages, on deaf-mute children, «Touch of Music for the Deaf», published in Life magazine.
In 1956 he traveled throughout Europe and the Middle East, and then went to Latin America, where he made a series on the gauchos that was published by Du magazine in 1959. It was also for this Swiss periodical that he photographed artists such as Picasso, Giacometti and Le Corbusier. He became a full member of Magnum in 1959, and started work on his book «Die Deutschen», published in Switzerland in 1962, and by Robert Delpire the following year with the title Les Allemands. In 1963, while working in Cuba, he photographed Ernesto ‚Che‘ Guevara during an interview by an American journalist. His images of the famous revolutionary with his cigar appeared around the world. Burri participated in the creation of Magnum Films in 1965, and afterwards spent six months in China, where he made the film The Two Faces of China produced by the BBC. He opened the Magnum Gallery in Paris in 1962, while continuing his activities as a photographer; at the same time he made collages and drawings.
In 1998 Burri won the Dr Erich Salomon Prize from the German Association of Photography. A big retrospective of his work was held in 2004-2005 at the Maison Européenne de la Photographie in Paris and toured many other European museums. René Burri lives and works in Zurich and Paris. René Burri passed away at the age of 81 on October, 2014.
In 2013 René Burri has founded his own foundation that comprises the entity of his oeuvre and is archived by the Musée d’Elyseée in Lausanne.
Works for sale
- René BurriRio de Janeiro, 1960€8,500
- René BurriMinistry of Health, planned by architect Oscar Niemeyer. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil., 1960Contact for Price
- René BurriFort Lauderdale, Florida. USA, 1966Contact for Price
- René BurriHotel Marika. Beiruit, Lebanon., 1991Contact for Price
- René BurriSao Paulo, Brazil, 1960Contact for Price
- René BurriKunming Lake, Beijing, 1964£33,600
- René BurriCaravan, United Arab Emirates, 1975£39,600
- René BurriWild Horses, Argentina, 1958€9,600
- René BurriPlayground, Fort Lauderdale, 1966£21,600
- René BurriLEBANON. Beirut. Hotel Marika., 1991Contact for Price
- René BurriFRANCE. Inauguration of the chapel of Notre-Dame du Haut, built by LE CORBUSIER., 1955Contact for Price
- René BurriBRAZIL. Sao Paulo. , 1960Contact for Price
- René BurriUSA. Florida. Fort Lauderdale. Man exercising on a beach, not far from the port where nuclear submarines are stationed. , 1966Contact for Price
- René BurriSOUTH KOREA. , 1987Contact for Price
- René BurriCHINA. Beijing. , 1989Contact for Price
- René BurriUSA. California. La Jolla. Salk Institute of Biological Studies. Building designed by Louis KAHN., 1979Contact for Price
- René BurriUSA. Illinois. Chicago. , 1971Contact for Price
- René BurriCHINA. Beijing. Former Summer Palace. Dead lotus flowers on the Kunming Lake., 1964Contact for Price
- René BurriPablo Picasso, Villa California, 1957€11,160
- René BurriPablo Picasso, Bullfight in Nîmes, France. 1957, 1957€12,840