Israeli, b. 1969
Yehudit Sasportas reaches in several ways to build a tension between the inside and the outside, between two-dimensionality and three-dimensionality, to catch it and to break it. Among her works are particularly drawings used as projection screen for landscapes which are changing between naturalness and constructed artificiality. Thereby painting, sculpture and video are supporting the formfinding so that beneath the drawings installations are the second part of her works. The research in architecture and space, the fusion of different materials and approaches cause the complexity of the works by Yehudit Sasportas.
Yehudi Sasportas (born 1969 in Ashdod, Israel) studied in Jerusalem and New York and is now a teacher at Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem. She had several solo and group exhibitions worldwide, for example at the Barkeley Museum of Art San Francisco, the Leonhardi Museum in Dresden, Galerie EIGEN + ART Leipzig/Berlin, the Venice Biennale, the Israel Museum in Tel Aviv, Kunstforeningen Gistrand in Copenhagen and at Kunsthalle Wilhelmshaven in Germany.
Works for sale
- Yehudit SasportasShichecha #39, 2014Contact for Price
- Yehudit SasportasThe cosmic laughter, 2009Contact for Price
- Yehudit SasportasThe Witnesses No. 15, 2020Contact for Price
- Yehudit SasportasHashavat Aveda 2, 2019€5,000–€7,500
- Yehudit SasportasKelim 3B, 2019€5,000–€7,500
- Yehudit SasportasHASHAVAT AVEDA, 2019€2,500–€5,000
- Yehudit SasportasRaw Material Nr. 3, 2016
- Yehudit SasportasSagiterious Ghost, 2005Bidding closed