“These photos leak history and hidden memory from every crack and fissure…they penetrate our memory and our subconscious.”
– Joshua Siegal, Contributor WhiteHot Magazine
Constructed in 1911, this handsome building—then named Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church—was home to one of the largest congregations of Presbyterians in Detroit. The distinguished structure is located in Detroit’s Piety Hill. It was sold to the Abyssinia Interdenominational Church in the 1990s and ultimately closed in 2005.
Signature: Signed and numbered, verso
Image rights: © Eric Holubow