Eva Avidar, ‘Rock Circle (2)’, 2006, Freeman's

H: 3 x Dia: 16 in. (overall)

Provenance Note:

Since 1947, The Clay Studio in downtown Philadelphia has served as a nonprofit educational institution, gallery, and studio dedicated to the teaching, creation, support, and promotion of the ceramic arts. With the generous support of a prestigious Responsive Grant from the Henry Luce Foundation's Program for American Art, The Clay Studio has launched The Clay Studio Collection Project, documenting and researching the objects from its collection of contemporary ceramic art. The Clay Studio's Permanent Collection consists of more than 600 artworks made by emerging and established artists who have served as Guest Artists-in-Residence, Resident Artists, and teachers at The Clay Studio over the past 25 years. Representing overlap in their Collection by these superb artists, The Clay Studio is proud to offer lots 93-99 with sale proceeds to benefit the housing and care of its Permanent Collection.—Courtesy of Freeman's

For more information about The Clay Studio and the Collection Project, visit www.theclaystudio.org

Artist Biography:

Eva Avidar was a Guest-Artist-in-Residence at The Clay Studio in 2006. She was born in Transylvania, Romania. Avidar received her B.F.A. from the Betzalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem, in 1989 and her M.A. in sculpture from the Royal College of Art, London, in 1996. She has exhibited throughout Israel, as well as in the United States and Europe.—Courtesy of Freeman's

Property from The Clay Studio Collection, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania