Fachschule Teplitz, ‘Scorched Blue Vase’, circa 1900, Heritage Auctions
Fachschule Teplitz, ‘Scorched Blue Vase’, circa 1900, Heritage Auctions
Fachschule Teplitz, ‘Scorched Blue Vase’, circa 1900, Heritage Auctions

Property from the Jason Jacques Collection

Signature: Marked to underside: (logotype) HA, F4

Image rights: Courtesy of Heritage Auctions

About Fachschule Teplitz

Formally known as the Imperial Technical School for Ceramics and Associated Applied Arts and located in Teplitz, Fachshule Teplitz enjoyed a cooperative relationship with Amphora and other potteries in the Turn-Teplitz area. The potteries supplied the school with lecturers, clay, and other materials, and, in return, the school supplied the potteries with a steady stream of fresh talent. The school's curriculum included sculpture in clay and required that nature be the source of inspiration. Factory records at Amphora indicate that, in addition to hiring graduates, many employees attended evening and Sunday classes at the school. [Source: Jason Jacques]