1) Test n°34.595 on January 15th, 1972
Mrs R.S. / Dr F.P.
Vaginal and cervical smear screening.
2) Vaginal smears consist of superficial and intermediary cells, partly atrophic.
3) The floestrogenic index is very low (approximately 5%)
4) One can see images of cytolysis, an abundant microbial ora and 5) inflammatory cells.
The cervical smear shows a similar aspect,
6) with a more pronounced inflammatory reaction. The endocervical smear is
7) very inflammatory and haemorrhagic.
It often contains necrotic endocervical cells.
8) No endoplasmic cell has been observed.
Conclusions: Very inflammatory smears
9) without any suspicious feature of malignancy, Class II of Papanicolaou.
Reading of Mrs R.S.’s medical test.
Gina Pane, January 1972
Signature: Signed, dated, numbered, and dedicated to Pierre Restany
Image rights: Copyright the artist. Courtesy Richard Saltoun Gallery
About Gina Pane
French, 1939-1990, Biarritz, France