Edition 37/125. Signed on the index page: max bill. Each signed lower right: bill. Each image diameter 32.3 cm on vélin by BFK Rives (some with the cut watermark) 50 x 35 cm.
Published by Société internationale d'art XXe siècle, Paris. Printed by Fernand Mourlot, Paris. Framed but with original-cardboard cover. Complete. Minimally trimmed.
Comp. Exhibit.cat.: Max Bill - die graphischen reihen, Landratsamt Esslingen 23 May - 18 June 1995, p. 59ff.
About Max Bill
Max Bill was a hugely influential founder of the Concrete Art movement, not only through his variegated career as a sculptor, painter, and industrial and graphic designer, but also as a prolific writer, scholar, and teacher. Bill had early ambitions to be a silversmith, but quickly changed his focus to architecture after seeing the work of Le Corbusier. Bill enrolled in the Bauhaus Dessau, where he studied under Josef Albers, Wassily Kandinsky, and Paul Klee. During this time, he began to formulate the principles of Concrete Art by expanding the theories of Theo van Doesburg, guided strongly by his training. Bill would also become an influential figure in furthering traditions of the Bauhaus, as well as in environmental art.
Swiss, 1908-1994, Winterthur, Switzerland, based in Zurich, Switzerland