World’s largest private photography dealer selling master 19th-, 20th-, and 21st-century images from an inventory of 5,000+ international photos, emphasizing American, French and English. Established in 1997.
Contemporary Works/Vintage Works has sold at numerous venues (including Photo LA, AIPAD NYC and Miami, Art Chicago, Art Miami, Paris Photo, Photo San Francisco, Classic Photography Los Angeles, Photo NY, etc.), on the Internet and privately. The company offers numerous services, including previewing and bidding for clients at auction, and helping clients strategize, develop, edit and form a collection. Alex Novak, owner of Contemporary Works/Vintage Works, has over 40-years experience in the photography-collecting arena. His company is a member of the Association of International Photography Art Dealers (AIPAD). He has been a member and been on the board of the Daguerreian Society. He was chair of the Society's 2016 program. He also writes, edits and publishes the E-Photo Newsletter.
- Fair BoothContemporary Works/Vintage Works at The Photography Show presented by AIPAD 2022May 19 – June 12, 2022
- Fair BoothContemporary Works/Vintage Works at Pop Up Photography New York 2022May 18 – June 4, 2022
- ShowStanko Abadzic: AktoviAugust 24, 2021 – December 31, 2023
- ShowLisa Holden: Digital Layers of Magic and IdentityApril 2, 2021 – December 31, 2023
- ShowNew Hope Artists: Modernism and ImpressionismApril 2, 2021 – March 31, 2024
- ShowEugene Atget and Haunted Paris: Trees, Parks and ArchitectureMarch 28, 2021 – December 31, 2022
- Fair BoothContemporary Works/Vintage Works at Paris Photo New York 2020April 2 – 5, 2020
- Fair BoothContemporary Works/Vintage Works at Paris Photo 2019November 7 – 10, 2019
- Fair BoothContemporary Works/Vintage Works at The Photography Show 2019, presented by AIPADApril 4 – 7, 2019
- Fair BoothContemporary Works/Vintage Works at The Photography Show 2018, presented by AIPADApril 5 – 8, 2018
- Fair BoothContemporary Works/Vintage Works at The Photography Show 2017, presented by AIPADMarch 30 – April 2, 2017