Page 0 of 10
Founded in 1971 and incorporated by Royal Charter, the Crafts Council is Britain’s national agency for contemporary craft.
Founded in 1971 and incorporated by Royal Charter, the Crafts Council is Britain’s national agency for contemporary craft. We believe that craft plays a dynamic and vigorous role in the UK’s social, economic and cultural life and that everyone should have the opportunity to make, see, collect and learn about craft. We produce exhibitions and events at home and overseas. We publish Crafts magazine. We host debates, salons and conferences. Our national Collection houses a treasure trove of objects spanning the last five decades of craft. Behind the scenes, we campaign, research, advise, support and champion craft in all sorts of ways. We help makers throughout their careers. We push the case for craft education at every level.
- ShowI AM HERE Portable art, wearable objects, jewellery since the 1970sJuly 21 – August 29, 2017
- ShowA Curious Turn: Moving Mechanical SculptureJuly 8 – September 2, 2017
- ShowStates of PlayJuly 6 – September 24, 2017
- ShowJulie Cope's Grand Tour: The Story of a Life by Grayson PerryMay 20 – July 16, 2017
- ShowDesign Days DubaiMarch 14 – 17, 2017