Page 0 of 10
Juan Carlos Maldonado Art Collection was founded in 2005 out of a passion for art and a commitment to deepen our understanding of the abstract-geometric style as a significant part of Latin America’s cultural legacy.
Juan Carlos Maldonado Art Collection (JCMAC) was founded in 2005 out of a passion for art and a commitment to deepen our understanding of the abstract-geometric style as a significant part of Latin America’s cultural legacy, JCMAC focuses on the study and the recognition of Geometric Abstraction as a fundamental artistic language for the development of contemporary art history. The core of the Collection focuses on modern art and traces the unfolding of geometric abstraction in Latin America, from the 1930s to 1970s. It also includes the works of European and North-American artists whose interest in geometric planes, chromatic relations, optical and kinetic effects tend to elicit discourse in relation to the work of Latin American practitioners.
- ShowErnesto Briel: Iridescent GeometriesNovember 19, 2020 – March 20, 2021
- ShowHybridizations / Contemporary StrategiesDecember 3, 2019 – April 4, 2020
- ShowConvergences / DivergencesNovember 29, 2018 – October 12, 2019
- ShowConstructing ConstructivismDecember 1, 2017 – October 15, 2018
- ShowThe Unbounded Line: A Selection from the Juan Carlos Maldonado Art CollectionNovember 28, 2016 – October 20, 2017