Page 0 of 10
Known for a collection of more than 30,000 works of art and the Santiago Calatrava–designed Quadracci Pavilion, this comprehensive museum sits on the shores of Lake Michigan. Collection strengths include German Expressionism, Georgia O'Keefe, self-taught and Haitian art.
Home to a rich collection of more than 30,000 works of art, the Milwaukee Art Museum is located on the shores of Lake Michigan. Its campus includes the Santiago Calatrava–designed Quadracci Pavilion, the Eero Saarinen–designed Milwaukee County War Memorial Center, and David Kahler‒designed addition. In 2016, after a yearlong renovation, the Museum reopened its Collection Galleries, debuting nearly 2,500 world-class works of art within dramatically transformed galleries and a new lakefront addition. This reimagined space also allows for three concurrent rotating exhibitions, including the Herzfeld Center for Photography and Media Arts. The Kohl's Art Generation Studio allows children to create art every day the Museum is open.
- ShowDerrick Adams: Our Time TogetherOctober 29, 2021 – January 1, 2024
- ShowAmericans in Spain: Painting and Travel, 1820–1920June 11 – October 3, 2021
- ShowSusan Meiselas: Through a Woman’s LensMarch 5 – April 15, 2021
- ShowComing Away: Winslow Homer and EnglandMarch 1 – May 20, 2018
- ShowThe Open Road: Photography and the American Road TripJanuary 26 – April 22, 2018
- ShowJaime Hayon: TechnicolorDecember 8, 2017 – March 25, 2018