Page 0 of 10
The Bass, Miami Beach’s contemporary art museum, creates connections between international contemporary art and the museum’s diverse audiences. The Bass shares the power of contemporary art through experiences that excite, challenge and educate.
The Bass is Miami Beach’s contemporary art museum. Focusing on exhibitions of international contemporary art, The Bass presents mid-career and established artists reflecting the spirit and international character of Miami Beach. The Bass seeks to expand the interpretation of contemporary art by incorporating disciplines of contemporary culture, such as design, fashion and architecture, into the exhibition program. The exhibition program encompasses a wide range of media and artistic points of view that bring new thought to the diverse cultural context of Miami Beach.
- ShowNajja Moon: Your Mommas Voice in the Back of Your HeadMarch 18, 2021 – January 23, 2022
- ShowMickalene Thomas: Better NightsDecember 1, 2019 – September 27, 2020
- ShowUgo Rondinone: good evening beautiful blueOctober 29, 2017 – February 19, 2018
- ShowPascale Marthine Tayou: BeautifulOctober 29, 2017 – April 2, 2018
- ShowThe Bass Projects - John Salvest: ForeverJune 7 – July 10, 2016
- ShowThe Bass Projects - Rachel Harrison: Voyage of the Beagle, TwoOctober 13, 2015 – January 10, 2016
- ShowPeter Marino: One WayDecember 4, 2014 – May 3, 2015
- ShowThe Bass Projects - Jim Drain Chess TablesOctober 20, 2014 – June 30, 2018
- Art21 Standout Shows to See during Miami Art WeekBy Kaylie FelsbergNov 24, 2021
- ArtThe Most Influential Artists of 2020By Artsy EditorialDec 7, 2020
- ArtMickalene Thomas Opens a Seductive, Spectacular Show in MiamiBy Alina CohenDec 6, 2019
- ArtAt 84, Sheila Hicks Is Still Making Defiant, Honest ArtBy Alina CohenMay 2, 2019
- Your All-Encompassing Guide to Miami’s Art SceneBy Artsy EditorialNov 24, 2015