Art Santa Fe Announces Dates, Programming Highlights for 2018 Show
The four-day, curated contemporary art show, owned and produced by Redwood Media Group, focuses on redevelopment and expansion of one of the country’s best art shows this summer.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Santa Fe, NM (May X, 2018) –Art Santa Fe, the 18 year-old, four-day curated contemporary art show will take place at the Santa Fe Community Convention Center from Thursday, July 12, to Sunday, July 15, 2018 and is centered around the theme [ALLURE]—the undeniable power of contemporary and modern art to captivate, seduce, and charm all those who are inspired by the work. Redwood Media Group (RMG) has owned the show for three years after purchasing it from Charlotte Jackson in 2015 and announces the following highlights:
CONTEMPORARY ART PROJECTS (Miami, Florida)
• Contemporary Art Projects USA (CAP) will return to Santa Fe with a collection showcasing artists from around the world. After a remarkable success at Red Dot Miami, CAP will bring Ricardo Cárdenas back to Art Santa Fe after a three-year hiatus. A successful emerging Mexican artist whose popularity is growing by leaps and bounds, Cárdenas began as a construction engineer and expresses his past experience and appreciation of materials, along with his feelings and beliefs, by connecting his art in both his medium and techniques. Guests will learn how his clever use of building materials, including recycled concrete retrieved from the ruble of Mexico’s recent earthquakes, coupled with steel bars, and more, have become synonymous with Cárdenas artwork.
• Recent CAP discovery Francisco Sheuat epitomizes the current trend toward mixed media in today’s contemporary art scene. Making a statement with recycled used soda cans as his media; the artwork is stunning—all color in his pieces is derived from the cans. Sheuat views his work as a commitment to a greener planet, recycling and reusing as an ongoing theme.
MIA FEROLETO & NEW OBSERVATIONS MAGAZINE (New York, New York):
• Launching their inaugural contemporary fine art show with RMG, this special exhibition of Industrial Hemp Art that will include live artist demonstrations and interactive exhibits from the following established award-winning artists who have either created their art utilizing industrial hemp papers and materials or have included industrial hemp as subject matter: Karen Gunderson, Lucio Pozzi, Terrence Boyd, Glenn Goldberg. Lucy Slivinski, Sally Smith, KK Kozik, Mitch Epstein.
• Running for six months and opening at the beginning of July to coincide with Art Santa Fe, the Hemp Museum in Berlin, Germany will be exhibiting this work as well.
• With art as the cultural touchstone to engage the audience, New Observations will initiate and explore the conversation about hemp’s use in over 25,000 products across multiple industries.
SAMMOUN FINE ART (Quebec, Canada)
• For the first time renowned artist Samir Sammoun of Quebec, Canada, brings his art to Art Santa Fe with Sammoun Fine Art. Known for his Post-Impressionist renditions, Sammoun uses gestural strokes to capture lush, lavender wheat fields, cedar trees, olive groves and mountain ranges of his boyhood home in Lebanon. His innovative approach, atmospheric and fleeting colors and celebrated compositions make him one of the most acclaimed landscape painters in North America today. He will be demonstrating his dynamic approach to the canvas by creating his next masterpiece onsite as he regales collectors with his dynamic stories and endearing personality.
GALLERY EDEL (Osaka, Japan)
• Gallery Edel will again feature famed artist Kusama Yayoi. Known for massive installations that have been showcased around the world, approachable glass sculptures, prints and more will be featured at Art Santa Fe, highlighting Yayoi’s intent for the artwork to be owned by all who love and appreciate it.
• Gallery Edel will also showcase other works by Warhol, Damien Hirst, William Steiger, Takeshi Yamao, and others.
The [SOLO] Project
• New for 2018: [The SOLO Project], a special section featuring a curated selection of independent leading-edge artists.
• Separate from the Gallery floor, the [SOLO] Project is comprised of only 18 exhibitors, coming from as close as Santa Fe and as far as Algeria—and promising to bring a level of excitement and innovative, forward-looking art to the show.
“Our specialty is bringing artists from around the world to Santa Fe, a destination that has it’s own artistic voice and residents, creating an unforgettable experiencing for our guests,” said RMG CEO Eric Smith.
As one of the newest additions to Redwood Media Group, which owns and produces fine art show exhibitions including Spectrum Miami and Artexpo New York, Art Santa Fe features extraordinary art from around the world, specially curated programming, special events, and entertainment that showcases the thriving art landscape of Santa Fe. The City of Santa Fe is widely recognized as the third largest art market in the U.S., one of UNESCO’s Creative Cities due to the city’s important achievements in arts and culture, and Travel & Leisure’s Destination of the Year. For more information, visit www.artsantafe.com.
FOR MEDIA INQUIRIES AND IMAGES:
Jennifer Hobson-Hinsley 505 603 8643 Jennifer@jlhmedia.com
About Art Santa Fe
About Redwood Media Group
Since 2009, Redwood Media Group (RMG) has been revolutionizing the global fine art community by helping artists and gallery owners grow their businesses through fine art exhibitions and publications, art business education, mentoring, marketing, and social media. Today, RMG owns and operates five fine art shows: Artexpo New York, Spectrum Miami, Art San Diego, Art Santa Fe, and Red Dot Miami. Artexpo New York, the world's largest fine art trade show for 40 years and counting, attracts more than 35,000 art enthusiasts every year, including 5,000 industry buyers. Spectrum Miami and Red Dot Miami attract more than 40,000 art aficionados during Miami Art Week, an annual event that draws over 150,000 art collectors to the city. Over the past nine years, RMG has welcomed hundreds of thousands of visitors to their events, sold millions of dollars' worth of art, and helped thousands of unrepresented and established artists launch or grow their careers. Aside from hosting multiple high-end art shows throughout the year, RMG also owns Art Business News, an art industry publication.
For more information, visit:
www.redwoodmg.com, www.artbusinessnews.com, www.artexponewyork.com, www.art- sandiego.com, www.spectrum-miami.com, www.artsantafe.com, and www.reddotmiami.com.
Art Santa Fe is an annual four-day gathering of exceptional artists and galleries from around the world, exploring world-class modern and contemporary art in Santa Fe, the third largest art market in the United States. The curated contemporary art show provides a unique opportunity for exhibitors and attendees alike to honor the region’s deeply rooted cultural traditions while launching into the future with cutting-edge artwork and inspiring events. Art Santa Fe has over 18 years of experience and was ranked fourth in a national USA Today 10 Best Reader’s Choice Award contest for “Best U.S. Art Festival”
in 2015. For more information, visit www.artsantafe.com.